Helpful Tips on Caring for Your Chamilia Jewellery
Thank you for choosing Chamilia jewellery. Chamilia Jewellery is made with .925 sterling silver. All sterling silver jewellery will tarnish over time, but you may reduce the effects of tarnishing by following the below listed tips to keep your sterling silver jewellery sparkling and beautiful.
How to Care for Your Chamilia Jewellery
- We recommend using a jewellery polishing cloth on a regular basis to help prevent the natural tarnishing process. Chamilia polishing cloths are available for purchase here at Chamila.com
- You can also clean your jewellery using mild soapy water and a soft bristle brush. Wet the brush with the soapy water and gently scrub your jewellery, while being careful not to remove the oxidized finish in the recessed areas.
- Avoid using silver polish or silver dips. The chemicals contained in these products may remove the oxidized finish in your jewellery.
- We recommend not wearing your jewellery while bathing (hot tubs), swimming (pools, ocean) or during sporting activities.
- Exposing your jewellery to harsh chemicals, cleaning agents and perspiration will accelerate the tarnishing process and should be avoided when possible.
- If you wear lotions, makeup or perfume, put your jewellery on after application of such products and only once the product is dry.
- Chamilia Blush – To help this unique blush color keep its beautiful shine, simply polish with a soft cloth. The cloth can be dampened with a mild soapy solution and then gently rubbed over the jewellery. Rinse with clean water and then gently dry with a soft cloth. Do not use the Chamilia polishing cloth or any silver cleaning products to clean your Chamilia Blush jewellery.
How to Store Your Chamilia Jewellery
- Choose a cool, dark, dry storage place. It is important to store away your jewellery immediately after wearing.
- Plastic zip lock bags are an easy and effective way to store your jewellery. Close the bag halfway and squeeze out all the air before sealing. For best results, use bags made with Mylar or polyethylene, such as food grade plastic bags.
- Store each piece of jewellery separately.
- Keep clasps and closures unhooked.